Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Am I crazy or what?

Hi everyone,

On Sunday I did something crazy. I signed up for the 1/2 Marathon here in Raleigh. Tom and I ran 7 miles with some friends on Sunday morning. I have never run that far. The 7 miles were challenging, but we both did it. I did better than I thought and I actually enjoyed it. Someone told me that the endorphins kick in at 5 miles. I believe them. I figured if I could do 1/2 of a 1/2 Marathon, I can do the 13.1. I am little concerned about training. I have not been feeling well this week because of sinuses and work has kept me busy. Wish me luck!

This Sunday we are running the Hurricanes 5k or as we like to call it the Pancake run. It is a 5k around the RBC center then they make you pancakes. You can also win prizes and autographed items from the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey team. It should be fun, we had a blast last year.

No comments:

 
www.buyfamily.com